Where Have I Been?

It’s been a month since I last posted. Oops. But I had good reason, I promise.  I think you’ll agree after reading this little overview of what I’ve been up to:

Nov 7 – 11: New Orleans for a client event.

Helen came with me – we got to spend time with Leigha and John (and Tobey)

We explored, and ate ourselves sick (it was a foodservice conference after all).

And stayed at The W in the French Quarter, which was the worst hotel room with the worst customer service I’ve ever experienced. Let’s put it this way… after the cab that was supposed to pick me up to the airport was 15 minutes late, the bellman screamed at me for hailing my own. Yes, screamed. This was not the only issue.

After that, I came home for 3 days and during that time finished the shelving unit by the door.


Painted and FINISHED!!

Nov 14 – 17: Chicago for a client event.

I was by my lonesome and stayed at The Drake, in the largest, nicest hotel room I’ve ever experienced (Irony’s a bitch).

Our event was on Michigan Ave, so this is mostly what I saw:

But I snuck in some of this too:

After getting home, I worked for a few days, decorated inside for Christmas, and then it was Thanksgiving.

We went to Corvallis, spent time with the fam, and of course our adorable niece Sierra.

I scored myself a sweet Rigid shop-vac on Black Friday at Home Depot ($70 off, YESSSS!)

We returned home, I put up the Christmas lights.

And painted an old tattered side table from Ikea so we don’t have to cover it anymore.

I also rented a wet saw from Home Depot and started cutting the tile for the countertop in the never-finished bathroom.

And ordered the faucet for the sink.

Somewhere in there, I managed to brew a batch of beer, which I’m calling the “Honey Hop Harvest IPA,” brewed with fresh hops my pops grew and honey from my Uncle Dan.

I dry hopped this puppy during week two in the secondary, but forgot to use Irish moss during the initial boil, so it’s been pretty cloudy since day 1. I tried leaving it in the carboys for 3 weeks instead of the typical 2 to help settle it out, which worked a little, but it’s still a tad cloudy.

I had the first bottle tonight, and it’s pretty good. I think it could qualify as moonshine, though, based on the buzz I got from 1/2 a bottle.

And well, it’s now early December, and since I’m not going to be sandwiched between fatties on high mileage 737s traveling so much, I’ll be posting more often… stay tuned… The bathroom will be done by New Years…

One Comment

  1. Mommy said:

    Oh I never heard the story about getting screamed at by the bell hop…I’m guessing you did a little screaming of your own? I also like the color choice of the refinished shelving unit!!

    December 10, 2010

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *